1. To begin, stand with your feet shoulder width apart and take a few deep breaths, while visualising a thick gold chord dropping down from your body into the earth.
2. Feel the weight of this chord pulling you down and anchoring you within the protective energy field of the earth. I find it helpful to allow this chord to pull me into the earth so that I visualise myself standing in a cave, below the earth's surface.
3. Bring your hands just in front of your body, palms facing up and while taking a deep breath in, slowly pull the earth energy that you have connected to with the chord up the front of your body. When you reach the area in front of your chin, rotate your hands 180 degrees so that they are still facing upwards and breath slowly out as you now "push" this energy all the way up as far as you can reach.
4. With your arms fully extended above your head, breathe in as you open your arms so that you now are making a v-shape with your extended arms above your head, and imagine divine white universal energy now streaming down and into your energy field, filling your auric field with protective white light.
5. Rotate your arms so that your hands are facing out and while keeping them softly extended gently bring them down through your auric field, inviting and pulling this protective energy right down, grounding it below your feet.
6. Repeat this process at least three more times, each time, building and strengthening your personal energetic field.
You can use this process any time you feel scattered and you need to re-centre.
Please make it truly your own by following your intuition and adding to it, or changing it so that it fits you, because as always, when it comes to your own energy, you know best.
***If you want to deepen this practise you can .....***
- Go outside in a natural environment and face into the rising sun.
- Place a grounding/protective crystal like smoky Quartz on the ground in front of you.
- Add a drop of a grounding essential oil (think big tree like spruce, white fir) or all round protector like frankincense in the palm of your hand and rub into both hands before you begin.
- Spray Jody Campbell Kinesiology "Ground" and/or "Protect" Essential Essence above your head and let it drift down through your aura before you begin.
- Use an affirmation or set an intention for your practise - eg "Remaining Grounded is easy for me", or "I remain centred and grounded in my own energies", or "I am protected and feel secure in myself".
If you don't have a natural space, imagine you are in one, if you forget, visualise yourself doing it while driving to work. The more you build these energetic pathways, the easier they are to access. Be kind to yourself. Every little bit of positive energy, self talk and real time you give to yourself makes a difference.
Please feel welcome to share this information with others, or direct them to my website.